MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, August 16, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 78: Where Are The Strong Positive Fat Characters In Movies?


"How YOU doin'?" Is THIS the way we want the obese portrayed?

In Episode 78 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore," I take a closer look at the movies that have come out of Hollywood in the past few years to see how they are characterizing fat people on the silver screen. It's mostly stereotypical, but there are signs of improvement. Listen in today to hear all about it:

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 78 [16:00m]: Play in Popup | Download

My wife and I enjoy watching movies together and have seen our fair share of all kinds of films, including ones that feature overweight and obese people in them. In this podcast show today, I take a look at many of these fat flicks, including Eddie Murphy's Norbit, Ryan Reynolds' Just Friends, Gwyneth Paltrow's Shallow Hal, and Mo'Nique's Phat Girlz, just to name a few. These movies offer a mixed bag of good and bad which I highlighted in Episode 78.

Wanna getcha low-carb groove on? Get on with it when you want by:

1. Listening at the official web site
2. Going to iTunes
3. Calling (818) 688-2763 to listen via Podlinez
4. Subscribing to the RSS feed

Are you happy with the way Hollywood depicts the overweight and obese in movies? Or do characters like Eddie Murphy's Rasputia in Norbit merely set back all the progress that has been made to break down the stereotypes? Also, would you go to see a movie with an obese person as a positive featured character in a film?

Share your thoughts about this and tell us what you favorite "fat" movies of all time are. I'm sure I've missed a few, so let me hear from you.

THANK YOU for listening to "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" and please come back again on Monday for yet another episode of the Internet's #1 podcast about the amazingly healthy low-carb lifestyle!

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

I'm thinking this gal looks a lot like 'Jimmy', If you look into her face and Jimmy's face now they seem similar to me! Probably just me seeing things!

8/17/2007 2:08 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

You do realize that's a man, don't you Tom?

8/17/2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

I didn't! No, -- genuinely and not being mean, look into this guys face and tell me if you see 'Jimmy'! ho ho ho That explains it -- he being male! I was starting to feel sorry for her!

8/17/2007 2:29 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

That's Eddie Murphy in a fat suit. I'm looking at a Star Wars picture of Jabba The Hut and see Tom. Do you see it, do you see it? Man, it's uncanny! HA! :D

8/17/2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

ho ho ho, yup that's me! ho ho ho

http://www.maniacworld.com/star_wars_jokes/Star_Wars_Jokes.html

8/17/2007 2:45 PM  
Blogger Science4u1959 said...

I always thought that Jabba the Hut was another one of these proponents of "essential carbohydrates". Jabba makes a pretty convincing case, wouldn't you say?

His tactics to deal with people that have the nerve to come up with evidence to the contrary are also quite typical :)

8/18/2007 8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home