MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Saturday, September 15, 2007

LLVLC On YouTube (Episode 4): How Sweet It Is To Be Livin' La Vida Low-Carb!

In our eagerness to pump out another video in our new "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube" series, Christine and I went a bit long with Episode 4. It's not so much that we don't want to do longer videos, but YouTube limits the length to NO MORE THAN 10 MINUTES.

I found out this little factoid the hard way last night when I was up until 2AM trying to whittle this thing down to size so we didn't have to record it over again! UGH!

We had recorded a new video yesterday afternoon on artificial sweeteners and what a low-carb dieter can do to get something sweet in their diet. It was the usual fun video and I even started off serenading Christine with my own unique rendition of "Sugar, Awww Honey Honey." Plus, at the end, we gave a BIG shout out to all the wonderful people at my new "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Discussion" forum.

Unfortunately, the raw feed went 13 1/2 minutes long and that didn't even count the intro and outro! BOO HOO! Oh well, so I had to chop off the front and the back and leave the primary meat of the video as the totality of the content. It's just a lesson learned for future videos to keep a closer eye on the clock.

So, with that perspective in mind, now you'll understand why it seems the video abruptly begins and ends. Sorry about that, we'll do better next time. Check it out as we talk about Splenda, aspartame, xylitol, maltitol, oligofructose, and erythritol as well products that contain these sweeteners:



Yes, I know about stevia and even included several minutes of the original video talking about this all-natural supplement that's a popular sweetening agent that low-carbers use, but it was part of the chopping block. Perhaps I could do an entire video just on the subject of stevia since it is becoming more and more popular.

Leave a comment for Episode 4 and be sure to rate it and favorite it if you enjoyed what was presented. :) If not, then I'd still love to know what you thought about it.

Just in case you missed any of our previous YouTube videos, here they are:

- Promo video--A half-minute promotion of the new video series
- Episode 1--Introduction of Jimmy & Christine Moore
- Episode 2--What kind of fruits can you have on a low-carb diet?
- Episode 3--What kind of veggies can you have on a low-carb diet?

Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube videos so you'll never miss an episode! THANK YOU so much to everyone who has supported us by watching and commenting on our videos. Please send your suggestions for future YouTube video topics to me anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy, why didn't you just split the video into two segments?

9/15/2007 6:05 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I thought about that Bryan, but there was no clean place to break. Live and learn...

9/15/2007 7:11 PM  
Blogger Brian Cormier said...

Maltitol is nasty stuff. I chowed down on some ice cream with the stuff in it once. Hoo boy... Not pretty. Nearly had to have my house torn down afterwards. *wink* I learned my lesson after that! I avoid it like the plague now.

9/15/2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Maltitol is definitely dangerous stuff.

I make an AWESOME cheesecake mixing splenda and erythitol (ground to a powder). Some of that chocolate sauce would be good on it too.

9/16/2007 12:03 AM  
Blogger V said...

Hi Jimmy, I was wondering if you knew anything about Lo Han Guo extract as a natural low carb sweetener? I'm looking for an alternative to Stevia to get the synergistic effect in baking, but am too poor (college student) to order it and have to toss it if it's not tasty. Have you tried or, or known anyone who has?

Great video. Erythritol has greatly improved my quality of life, haha.

9/16/2007 5:44 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

Hey Lo! I haven't personally tried Lo Han, but I have friends who swear by it. I've tasted a few products that contain it and it was quite sweet. Perhaps someone else who has used it can chime in.

I'll be doing another video on sweeteners soon so I can talk about stevia (AGAIN!) and I may bring up Lo Han as well. THANKS for watching! :D

9/16/2007 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see how consuming so-called low-carb versions of things like ice cream or chocolate bars is good for you, at least psychologically. Isn't it one goal of LC to break addictions to sugar?

You're still addicted to it (the sweet bug) even if you consume something made with splenda instead of sugar.

9/17/2007 2:07 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

THANKS for sharing your opinion, Jeff! But I respectfully disagree. Enjoying your life and the foods you eat is as much a lesson of livin' la vida low-carb as anything. That's why I consume sugar-free chocolates because they keep me from eating the sugary ones. But, as always, thanks for sharing your comments! Best wishes to you in your own journey!

9/17/2007 2:10 PM  
Blogger Azure said...

Yes, please do a video (or regular podcast) about Stevia! I just started using a liquid version in things like tea, but am really unsure how to use it for something like baking! I like the idea of Stevia being a natural sweetener.

I just got an order of the Chocoperfection bars this past week, as well as a bag of Sweetperfection. The Sweet perfection is PERFECT--I've used it so far in baking/iced tea. The Chocoperfection bars didn't really do it for me, and also gave me some gastrointestinal distress...so I'm afraid it'll be my last box of those!

Keep up your awesome work, spreading the Low Carb Love!

10/28/2007 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home