MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, October 04, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 92: Mental Issues And Low-Carb; Exclusive Audio Of My Call To Heidi Diaz From Kimkins

In Episode 92 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore," we feature two guests, one special and another not-so-much, to bring to you today: 1) The beautiful and lovely Christine (that's my wife, by the way!) as we talk about dealing with mental health issues while livin' la vida low-carb, and 2) The deceptive and manipulative fraud known as Kimmer/Heidi Diaz from the Kimkins diet who tries to wiggle out of owning up to who she really is by pretending she didn't know me when I made an exclusive telephone call to her on Wednesday afternoon.

Click on the "LISTEN NOW" link below or download it to your iPod:

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 92 [16:50m]: LISTEN NOW | Download

I received the following e-mail from one of my readers recently requesting that I do a show on a topic of personal interest to him and his family:

Hello Jimmy,

I am really enjoying your blog, the new forum and the new YouTube videos. I wanted to ask if you had considered doing a show about the importance of livin' la vida low-carb to fight mental health issues like OCD, anxiety, and depression.

My wife suffers from all of the above. She has not had them all of her life, but they just started a year ago with a very serious case of all of the above at once. Just recently her new doctor recommended she cut grains out of her diet.

I researched a little further and discovered that grains are only half of the problem. It would appear that SUGAR is the big issue here. My wife has a HUGE sweet tooth. I am encouraging her to cut out the sugars. She is doing great on cutting out the grains.

If you have any more info please share! I would love to hear what you find out.


What an excellent idea for a podcast show and I was happy to oblige. It's interesting she has no trouble dropping grains, but sugar is the problem. For most people it's the opposite because they realize how bad sugar is for them, but can't get over why whole grains are unhealthy (because those carbs turn into sugar inside the body). Thank goodness there are some phenomenal sugar-free, low-carb sweets and sugar alternatives that can help with the transition.

I've blogged briefly before about the mistaken notion that low-carb makes you an angry and moody fool, but it's just not true based on my own experience. But with my wife Christine, she HAS gone through the exact same issues the wife of this reader did, so who better to ask about this than her? :) It was nice to have her back on my podcast show again for the first time since her first appearance a few months back.

You'll recall Christine started on a low-carb diet in May 2007 to help reduce her triglycerides down from the 250 that her doctor recorded (you can hear her talk about it in Episode 1 of our new "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube" video series). I told her at the time that livin' la vida low-carb would get them below 100 and that's exactly what has happened. But she's also benefited from a nearly 40-pound weight loss AND enjoyed some rather excellent improvements in her mental issues which she discusses in today's podcast. WOO HOO!

Get low-carb podcasting on your computer, laptop, iPod, or phone by:

1. Listening at the official web site
2. Going to iTunes
3. Calling (818) 688-2763 to listen via Podlinez
4. Subscribing to the RSS feed

Do you or someone you love deal with OCD, depression, anxiety attacks, and other mental issues? Have you tried the low-carb lifestyle to deal with these issues and what has been the result? Let's discuss this important issue more and see what the low-carb connection to mental health issues really is (I'm sure neurologist Dr. Larry McCleary would agree livin' la vida low-carb is an excellent answer to these issues)!

Also in Episode 92 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" is that exclusive audio of my brief telephone conversation with Kimmer/Heidi Diaz on Wednesday afternoon regarding some questions I had for her about the Los Angeles, CA-based KTLA-TV investigative report that showed her to be a morbidly obese woman who has used the Kimkins diet to bilk tens of thousands of people out of their money while simultaneously putting their health in danger.

I posted the transcript of that call at my blog on Wednesday and now you can hear the audio with that very distinctive voice of the infamous founder of the Kimkins diet for yourself. It's UNBELIEVABLE how she tried to deny knowing who I was and that she was the same person I had interviewed for my podcast show just two months prior!

As always, THANKS for listening and feel free to e-mail me anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net with any comments, questions, or ideas for a future podcast show. Take care! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Orvette said...

Thanks Christine for being willing to talk about some of your very personal experiences with us. The most important thing for people who are struggling to know is that they're not alone. Others have gone through what they're experiencing and have made it to the other side. You're a courageous and loving woman to do this -- maybe you've got a caring and supportive husband?... ;)

10/04/2007 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home