MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, November 01, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 98: Want Low-Carb Magazines? You're Out Of Luck!

In Episode 98 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore," I wanted to address the noticeable lack of low-carb print magazines available on the market today. Back in the heyday of low-carb a few years ago, you could find all sorts of magazines espousing the latest information, recipes, and success stories from the perspective of the low-carb lifestyle. So where'd they all go?

Click on the "LISTEN NOW" link below or download it to your iPod to hear today's podcast and find out what happened to the most popular low-carb magazines:

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 98 [11:54m]: LISTEN NOW | Download

The two top low-carb magazines just two years ago were Low-Carb Living and Low-Carb Energy. I was so thrilled to find these resources for my continuing weight loss journey after losing 180 pounds on the Atkins diet in 2004. There's just something about holding a paper magazine in your hands and coming back to it time and time again. As much as we would like to think the information superhighway has completely taken over modern-day society, it hasn't.

That's why print magazines are still relevant in 2007. So, for that reason, we need to see low-carb represented in this medium. Unfortunately, last summer was the end of the low-carb magazines when SheKnows LowCarb, formerly known as Low-Carb Energy decided to shut down operations of their print division (although they started back up with an online magazine in December 2006). I've held on to this copy of the magazine as a keepsake since it featured my low-carb weight loss success story--plus it may be the very last low-carb magazine ever!

Never miss a single low-carb bite of this podcast by:

1. Listening at the official web site
2. Going to iTunes
3. Calling (818) 688-2763 to listen via Podlinez
4. Subscribing to the RSS feed

Do you miss having a low-carb print magazine to subscribe to and read? If so, then what is it about low-carb magazines that is so appealing to you since there are plenty of online resources for much of the same information? Let's hear what you think about low-carb magazines and whether you would support another one if some savvy investors take up my offer to finance a new one.

One week from today will be my historic 100th podcast episode. Not many podcast shows last long enough to get to 100 episodes, so I am very humbled to have reached this point with "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore." We'll be celebrating this momentous occasion with lots of cool prizes and giveaways, so be sure to tune in next week to find out how YOU can win. :D

Come back on Monday as I interview a very special woman in my life--my MOM! She had gastric bypass surgery in December 2003 (just a few weeks before I went on the Atkins diet) and has seen all the ups and downs that come from that controversial weight loss method. It's quite an eye-opening experience you will have to hear to believe! That's coming up in Episode 99, so we'll see you then!

11-1-07 UPDATE: One of my readers/listeners thinks bringing back a low-carb magazine would be a GREAT idea!

Hi Jimmy!

I would definitely be interested in a low carb magazine. I guess the positive side for me is there being an unexpected treat in my mailbox, a reminder that there are more recipes out there than the ones I have just grown accustomed to making.

It’s a monthly reminder to get out of my rut, and try something new. I know, I know, there are about 30 cookbooks in my kitchen, but they become part of the scenery. So again, the new monthly issue of a magazine is a smack upside the head to try something new.


Absolutely, the monthly or even quarterly magazine could be a great reminder of why you are livin' la vida low-carb. Anyone else?

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You want a low-carb magazine, so that low carb advertisers will have a place to present their ads?

It doesn't seem to me that there would be a problem acquiring content for such a magazine, so show us the advertisers. That is where the problem is going to be.

11/01/2007 6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being in publishing, this is a venture that I'd love to be involved in. Unfortunately, with the cost of publishing these days, you know such a project would have to be a HOBBY, not a business. That's why so many new "magazines" are coming out as online only ventures, physical copies in the stores are an expense, not a revenue stream.

11/03/2007 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home