The worst two months of your weight loss journey is here
It happens the same time year after year. Technically, it begins on Halloween and runs all the way through New Year's. Yes, it's the holiday season with all the temptations that come with it. You know what I'm talking about--food, especially very high-carb ones, are EVERYWHERE this time of year and it can seem overwhelming to your low-carb lifestyle.
What is most disappointing about this is how people rationalize eating whatever they want during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays because they want to feel a part of the festivities and to not make grandma upset because they didn't have a slice or two of pecan pie. It can be difficult, no doubt, but what's more important--appeasing your family temporarily by eating what you shouldn't or refusing to give in to the temptations for the permanent improvements to your weight and health.
In Episode 13 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube" today Christine and I hit this issue head-on and offer some suggestions about how you can stick with your low-carb lifestyle and get through this all-out assault on your low-carb diet in November and December. You know it's coming, so GET PREPARED WITH A PLAN to deal with it NOW. :)
Watch our YouTube video for tips and suggestions on how to do it:
Need some help finding some low-carb alternatives for the holidays:
- "A Holiday Classic: Low-Carb Gingerbread New York Style Cheesecake"
- "Low-Carb Stuffing And More For Thanksgiving"
- "Party On With Your Low-Carb South Beach Diet"
- "Your Low-Carb Holiday Survival Guide"
Still need a pep talk about some practical ways to beat the inevitable holiday season weight gain? Check out this blog post I wrote a couple of years ago with my own personal advice about how you can overcome the cravings, refuse to give in to temptation, and begin 2008 feeling GREAT about your weight and health. As good as that little sugary dessert may look, it can't even come close to how amazing you will feel for refusing it by the time January gets here. Share your low-carb holiday tips at Episode 13 at YouTube and help your fellow low-carbers triumph over the holiday weight creep.
DON'T FORGET to enter my 100th podcast contest for your chance to win 38 incredible low-carb prizes. The contest is open through Thursday, November 15, 2007 at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced on Friday, November 16, 2007. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
Have you seen all our YouTube videos yet? If not, then get to watching:
- Promo video--A half-minute promotion of the new video series
- Episode 1--Introduction of Jimmy & Christine Moore
- Episode 2--What kind of fruits can you have on a low-carb diet?
- Episode 3--What kind of veggies can you have on a low-carb diet?
- Episode 4--What does a low-carber do for something sweet?
- Episode 5--Why is fat so healthy for you on the low-carb lifestyle?
- Episode 6--Which restaurants can you go to on the low-carb lifestyle?
- Episode 7--What are the best new low-carb books you need to read?
- Episode 8--Why should you be eating a lot more eggs?
- Episode 9--If you're gonna do Atkins, do it by the book
- Episode 10--What supplements should you take while low-carbing?
- Episode 11--What are some of the foods you eat on your low-carb diet?
- Episode 12--How should you respond when you weight loss stalls?
We recorded this video early this week and will likely do another BONUS one at the end of the week because my podcast show is on hold right now since my producer was in a bad car accident last week. Pray for Kevin Kennedy-Spaien because he's in a lot of pain right now and has some broken bones. In the meantime, ENJOY the extra YouTube videos!
Subscribe to our videos if you haven't already and you'll never miss a single episode. In fact, you'll be the first to see 'em just like all the other subscribers. Don't hesitate to send me your comments and suggestions at email@example.com. We appreciate you watching "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube." SEE YA! :D