MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

LLVLC On YouTube (Episode 17): Beat Sugar Addiction With Negative Visualization


When you think of sugar as rat poison, you'll never want it again!

How in the world can you possibly reduce or eliminate sugar from your diet forever? I get asked this question quite a bit by people who want to lose weight and get healthy, but many of them are too afraid they'll never get to enjoy anything sweet ever again. AAAACK! Oh the horrors!

Seriously, if you are concerned about how you can get rid of your desire to put anything made with sugar in your mouth again, then you're gonna want to watch Episode 17 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube." What can seem like an impossibility to those of you who are bona fide sugar addicts (and I was before January 2004!), you'll quickly realize it is not as difficult as you think when you implement a rather simple negative visualization technique that I made up. AND IT REALLY WORKS!

Get ready to beat sugar addiction for good after watching today's video:



I remember the days I used to chow down on a whole box of Little Debbie snack cakes and didn't think twice about it. To this day, I don't have any idea why I did that other than I was bored and I could. Heading into 2008, though, you wouldn't catch me eating even ONE of those nasty things anymore because of four sweet words I hear echoing around in my head when I look at them: SUGAR IS RAT POISON!

For those of you who have read my book Livin' La Vida Low-Carb: My Journey From Flabby Fat To Sensationally Skinny In One Year, you know that's the title of the chapter where I talk about all the negative effects of sugar on your body. So how do you convince yourself that consuming sugar is tantamount to eating rat poison? This study from UC-Irvine psychologist Elizabeth Loftus explains the mechanism.

Creating that false negative image of sugar in your mind will turn you off from that slice of chocolate cake or pecan pie. It really will! Look at that image at the top of this post with the sugar and the rat poison. When you see anything sugary, immediately visualize in your mind that box of d-CON. It sounds CRAZY to even equate the two, but watch what it does to your behavior.

You'll pause even for a moment before reaching for a fork to dig into a bite. And that momentary lapse may be just what you need to reject the carb-loaded, sugar-filled treats that will try to tempt you on a daily basis. Once you've been livin' la vida low-carb a while, it gets a WHOLE lot easier to say "no." People don't even bother asking me if I want dessert anymore because they know I can't. IT'S RAT POISON! :)

Besides, sugar is proven to be very unhealthy despite the fact you don't hear the same outcry against it as you do fat. And that is such a crying shame since sugar raises insulin levels in the body which leads to obesity and health problems. Until we get serious about challenging the amount of sugar we consume as Americans, we'll never make a dent in the increasingly growing and seemingly inevitable problem of obesity.

Tell us what you have done to kick sugar out of your life at Episode 17 on YouTube so we can learn even more tricks and tips for ditching the sugar for good. If you do leave a comment at YouTube, then you will become eligible to win THREE DOZEN EGGLAND'S BEST EGGS just for watching. I recently posted some recipes with Eggland's Best eggs, so check 'em out! GOOD LUCK in the contest!

Since the previous episodes are starting to add up now, I've moved them all to their own little page at my links blog for you to access anytime. If you're new to our YouTube videos and want to see even more of them, then check out that page for a full listing of each episode along with the theme for that particular show. Christine and I enjoy recording these each week and we know you'll learn something every time you watch them!

As always, you can subscribe to our videos and stay up-to-date on all the latest episodes as soon as they are posted to YouTube. I've met so many wonderful new people through this format that I only wish I had started doing this sooner. Oh well, better late than never! We love hearing from people who have found us through YouTube, so drop us a line anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. Your feedback and suggestions are always welcomed and encouraged. We do this for YOU and sincerely hope you get as much out of it as we do recording them. Take care!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So fun :) LOL I actually think thats a good Idea.. Because anything that has been contaminated with Ecoli.. I wont touch anymore for fear I guess.. and because its icky LOL :) Thanks for the idea. I am going to try that! :) HUGS:)

12/12/2007 2:13 PM  
Blogger . said...

You'll like this link:

http://www.newswithviews.com/Ellison/shane32.htm

12/12/2007 5:25 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Here is some new research that lays the issue at the door of fructose:
Title: Too Much Fructose Could Leave Dieters Sugar Shocked
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071212201311.htm

There is a quote in this article Taubes would find interesting:

"One of the things we have learned is this whole epidemic brought on by Western diet and culture tracks back to the 1800s," he said. "Nowadays, fructose and high-fructose corn syrup are in everything."

12/13/2007 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home