MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, December 17, 2007

LLVLC On YouTube (Episode 18): Jimmy Moore's Got His Own Chocolate Bar Now


Look out world, the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bar" has arrived!

First there was the Babe Ruth-inspired "Baby Ruth" candy bar. Then there was Reggie Jackson's "Reggie" bar. Although I'm certainly no athlete with the amazing credentials of a Ruth or a Jackson, I now have my very own candy bar like they do--it's called "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bar." This is a chocolate lover's delight!

Yes, this new raspberry dark chocolate bar is both sugar-free AND low-carb and is presented to you by the makers of the amazing ChocoPerfection chocolate bars. It's been over a year in the making, but "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bar" is hitting the low-carb/diabetes market with a big splash debuting this week at CarbSmart!

My wife Christine and I talk about why we decided to come up with this new low-carb chocolate bar in Episode 18 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube." With so many other low-carb chocolate choices out there, what's gonna make this one so different? You'll learn EXACTLY why when you tune into this video.

Hear the story behind why "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bar" was created:



Not to necessarily take anything away from those "other" sugar-free, low-carb chocolate companies, but quite frankly many of them just don't get it. They insist on using cheap, inferior ingredients in their products like the sugar alcohol maltitol which has a well-known disturbing side effect. Why can't we have the opportunity to have a high-quality low-carb chocolate experience without having to go through all that?

That is precisely what attracted me to the ChocoPerfection bars two years ago when I described them as the best-tasting low-carb chocolate bars on the planet. But, like all great things, there are ways to make them even better and that's exactly what we've done with "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bar."

It is the same chocolate recipe that so many of you have grown to love so much from ChocoPerfection, but now there's an added twist. We've included real raspberry oil as well as coconut oil in it for a special truffle-like center that begins melting as soon as it hits your tongue. And the intense raspberry flavor is what I personally like best about this new chocolate bar. It's an entirely new experience for a low-carb chocolate bar!

We only used the highest quality of ingredients in this bar, including cocoa butter, coconut oil, raspberry oil, oligofructose (chickory root providing 12 g fiber per bar), and erythritol. These are expensive raw materials, but they combine to make one of the most decadent low-carb treats you'll ever sink your teeth into. I'm very proud of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bar" and gladly put my name and photo on it as my endorsement of such an excellent product for people who are diabetic or are on the low-carb lifestyle.

As I said, the grand release of my new chocolate bar is now here and exclusively at CarbSmart.com where you can purchase them individually or by the dozen. In a few weeks, they'll be available from the ChocoPerfection web site and other fine online retailers. But I'd like to give YOU an opportunity to win some too! Does that sound like a good deal? GREAT!

Here's what you need to do:

Go to Episode 18 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube" and leave some kind of feedback for the video. It can be comments or even questions about the new candy bars if you'd like to share them there. Then send an e-mail to me at livinlowcarbman@charter.net with the subject line "LLVLC Bar Giveaway." Include your YouTube username so I can verify you left a comment, your full name and mailing address, and a paragraph or two explaining why you'd like to be one of the first people to try "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Bar."

The first ten people to do that will receive a special package from me with a FREE SAMPLE of my new chocolate bars. I wish I had enough for EVERYONE to try it, but I only have enough for ten. Watch the video, leave a comment, and send me your address and you might just get a chance to taste these low-carb bars before everyone else. :D Even if you don't win, I hope you will at least order these remarkable new low-carb chocolate bars for yourself, friends, co-workers and family!

Don't forget to watch all of our previous YouTube videos and stay up-to-date with them by subscribing to them. As always, please feel free to share your comments with us about the show anytime at livinlowcarbman@charter.net. We're still having a load of fun making these videos, so keep the ideas for future shows coming!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Mark McManus said...

That's so cool Jimmy. Congratulations buddy!

Mark

12/18/2007 5:07 AM  
Blogger Kyzug said...

Jimmy,

Congrats on the new bar. And thanks for continuing to get the message out.

OT: I wanted to weigh in on the Taubes vs. Colpo discussion. I expect you will address it soon.

I’ve read Good Calories, Bad Calories, and watched Tuabes’ Berkeley lecture. I’ve also read Colpo’s, “They’re all MAD” article attacking the metabolic advantage of low carb diets. Here is my take:
But first, my brief bio: I’ve been on again, off again low carb’ing for 10 years. Mostly off again as I got up to 255 lbs. on a 5’9” frame at age 38. I always have great success when low carb’ing, but haven’t been able to stick to it for more than about 6 months. This October, after having read several compelling books, articles and, of course, your blog, I again started livin la vida low carb. But this time, on a near zero carb diet of mostly steak, chicken, fish, eggs, a bit of butter and a few ounces of cheese. I’ve eaten this way exclusively for 10 weeks, and lost about 30 lbs. I’m off Lipitor and Acid Reflux prescriptions and feeling great.

It appears Taubes isn’t very informed on exercise, and reached the wrong conclusion. If nothing else, watch “The Biggest Loser” and try to say with a straight face that exercise doesn’t cause fat loss. His conclusion essentially that, “you’ll just eat more” is a baseless assumption. High intensity exercise along with restricting calories is supremely difficult to do, but it absolutely does work. It also will absolutely work on any composition of diet macronutrients. I submit that this is the hardest way.

However, Calpo is wrong in saying essentially that a calorie is a calorie. I know firsthand that I can eat about 3000 - 3500 calories a day on a near zero carb diet and not gain any weight. I’ve did this for a week last month, expressly to test the hypothesis, and didn’t gain or lose. I really wish someone would fund a study on 2 month+ trial of a near zero carb, 4000 calorie a day diet, and prove this point in the literature once and for all. Prove or disprove the hypothesis, "you can’t store fat on a zero carb diet." My understanding of the fatty acid cycle is that it can’t happen without elevated insulin. (I also have firsthand knowledge of a 3000-4000 calorie high carb diet. While on leave from the military, I personally polished off roughly 20 large pizzas in a 4 week period, and gained 10 lbs that month.)

Calpo appears to be correct that you must create a calorie deficit to mobilize fat. Personally, I’ve found I need to decrease my intake a bit in order to break through stalls. Lowering intake does this for me, with no other changes in my routine. Fortunately, this is easy to do on a low carb diet, as I never have much of an appetite, and find that the fewer carbs I eat, the lower my appetite naturally.

Also, during my recent 30lb weight loss on a 3 month near zero carb diet, I’ve intentionally remained sedentary. (I want to baseline my lipids in my January checkup before starting an exercise program to rule out exercise as a causative factor.) So, 30 lbs of effortless weight loss (aside from dietary discipline). I submit that this is the easy way.

What I think is happening, is that when a normal person increases their activity (i.e., exercise) they must first work through their glucose in blood, muscle and liver stores. Only after this is done will fat be “burned.” Whereas, in a keto adapted person (which takes 4-6 weeks to really deplete the extensive liver stores) when you exercise, you will immediately be a fat burning machine. The fat floodgates will just open up. (Of course, I’m simplifying here. Fat is a metabolically active tissue that is in a constant state of being stored and released.)

The bottom line, eat a moderate intake, near zero carb diet and you can’t store fat. Create a calorie deficit on a near zero carb diet thru exercise, and you’ll mobilize and burn fat stores much more rapidly than on a high carb diet. If you’ve gained weight in the maintenance phase of a low carb diet, then you almost certainly are eating too many carbs.
-Chris

12/18/2007 2:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations, Jimmy, on your fabulous new candy bar! As one of the lucky few who has already received a sample, I can say from first-hand experience that you have a winner! There's nothing else out there like this, luscious, luxurious, decadent, rich, delicious,--I've run out of adjectives, but you get the idea.

Judy Barnes Baker
carbwars.blogspot.com
www.carbwarscookbook.com

12/18/2007 3:37 PM  
Blogger Lowcarb_dave said...

Raspberry dark chocolate!

Sounds intriguing!

If they were in Australia, I would buy some straight away!

I might put in a long distance order next year.

I hope it goes well Jimmy!

Cheers

Dave

12/19/2007 5:29 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Hey Jimmy,

I was wondering, are these, and other, bars allowed on Atkins Induction? I haven't found anything that says either way.

Thanks a bunch!

Oh, and I have now officially started induction, so please pray for me to have the strength to stick with it! And as long as you're saying a prayer, please add a bit for my family to embrace low carbing too!

Thanks and Byeeee!

1/05/2008 8:12 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

As long as you count the carbs in your totals for the day, I don't see there being a problem with eating my chocolate bar or other low-carb bars on Induction. Just don't go overboard (one or two pieces max) until you know how your weight will react.

Will DEFINITELY pray about your family embracing low-carb. It's a hard battle that even I have to deal with to this day with my own family.

1/05/2008 8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home