MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New Sugar-Shunning Radio Show Is Off And Running

I've been telling you about it for a couple of weeks and now it's off and running!

The grand debut of Connie Bennett's new "Stop SUGAR SHOCK!" show last night was absolutely AMAZING! If you missed it LIVE (shame on you! LOL!), then you will want to go LISTEN NOW to the archived July 10, 2007 half-hour episode.

This will be an excellent weekly resource on Tuesday nights at 6:00PM EST, so make an effort to tune in regularly. It'll complement your low-carb lifestyle and you might learn a few things you did not know. With Connie at the helm, I'm SURE of it! ;)

I was honored to be invited as the first guest on this new show and I discussed two specific studies during my appearance on the "Stop SUGAR SHOCK!" show that I wanted to provide a link to if you are interested in learning more about them.

1. Sugar is "rat poison"

Even before I realized University of California-Irvine psychologist Elizabeth Loftus was working on a study about this, I was creating "negative memories" about sugar by referring to it as "rat poison." This mantra helped me early on kick sugar for good!

"When I convinced myself that eating anything with sugar in it was like eating rat poison, it seems something happened in my brain to make that lie I told myself convincing enough to keep me away from sugar. I'm no psychologist, but it makes sense to me that you can believe something so strongly that you could convince yourself it is true."

2. Weight loss begins "in the mind"

Unless you are READY to lose weight mentally, you cannot fully be the success you want to be until you wrap your mind completely around actually doing it. Here's what I wrote about what British nutritionist Jane Clarke said about this subject:

"Until people who are overweight or obese realize in their own mind that losing weight is something they need to do -- FOR LIFE! -- then nothing is going to change for them. You have to commit yourself to the lifestyle changes that will bring you the results you want. Nobody can do that for you, nor should they!"

A BIG THANK YOU to Connie Bennett from the Sugar Shock Blog for having me appear on her new online radio show. I encourage you to support this new effort by Connie and let her know what you think. Leave a comment for her at her blog.

For those who listened to the show and would like to learn more about what I am doing, then here are a few key links:

- My "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog
- My "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" podcast show
- My Livin' La Vida Low-Carb: My Journey From Flabby Fat To Sensationally Skinny In One Year book
- My review of Connie Bennett's SUGAR SHOCK! book

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Yes, that was a good show. You and Connie both came off very well. I'm looking forward to adding mine along with the same thing in a video podcast. Together we will slay these dragons. Thank You!

7/11/2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger Amy Dungan said...

I didn't get to catch the show live..so I'll have to go listen now! :0) Thanks for the link!

7/11/2007 2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home