MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, October 25, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 96: Exclusive Interview With Low-Fat Diet Guru Dr. Dean Ornish Part Two


The second half of my interview with Dr. Dean Ornish

Following Part 1 of my exclusive interview with low-fat diet guru Dr. Dean Ornish, I'm pleased to bring you Part 2 today in Episode 96 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore." Again, the quality of the interview is a bit fuzzy, but when it was recorded one year ago I did not have the nice recording equipment I have today. In fact, I didn't even have a podcast show yet at the time. But I thought it was interesting to hear the specific answers to my questions from Dr. Ornish in his own voice.

Click on the "LISTEN NOW" link below or download it to your iPod:

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 96 [28:02m]: LISTEN NOW | Download

Today we conclude the second half of my interview with Dr. Dean Ornish, which originally appeared as a 4-part transcript last year and you can see the relevant parts of today's podcast for yourself here and here. Dr. Ornish comments on artificial sweeteners, McDonald's, the latest low-carb studies, and more! At the end of our interview, I identified a surprising list of 20 areas of agreement where low-carbers can agree with Dr. Ornish. This is worthy of continuing the conversation with low-fat supporters to see if we can find more areas of consensus for the sake of helping people who want to lose weight and get healthy.

If you want your low-carb, then you get your low-carb by:

1. Listening at the official web site
2. Going to iTunes
3. Calling (818) 688-2763 to listen via Podlinez
4. Subscribing to the RSS feed

Now that you have heard from Dr. Dean Ornish talking about why he believes what he believes, what do you think about what he had to say? Is it a worthwhile pursuit to "look for common ground" as Dr. Ornish suggested at the end of the interview or should we hold fast in our belief in livin' la vida low-carb? Don't hold back on what you think and let us all know what you think.

I am happy to interview Dr. Ornish again in the future to ask some more specific questions about what he believes regarding a myriad of ideas, including much of what Gary Taubes discussed in his bestselling new book Good Calories, Bad Calories. In fact, I've invited him to share his comments about the Taubes book, but he has not provided them to date. Nevertheless, I was privileged to have had the opportunity to interview him for my blog and now my podcast show.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger WereBear said...

Ahh, Jimmy, I'm not one to bet... but Dr. Ornish won't like anything he reads in Good Calories, Bad Calories.

That's a sure thing!

10/25/2007 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home