MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Thursday, January 03, 2008

LLVLC On YouTube (Episode 20): Drink Lots Of Water For Your Health


Water should be on tap for your healthy low-carb lifestyle

Livin' la vida low-carb has so many facets to it that sometimes even the most basic things get overlooked. We all know about the importance of carbohydrate restriction to help manage our blood sugars and prevent the release of too much insulin into our bodies which can lead to weight gain and a whole host of health problems. But what else is there to be concerned with on a low-carb lifestyle?

I've discussed many of these things before here at my blog and in my book, including supplements, exercise, and motivation, among many other things. But one area that many people tend to brush aside as irrelevant is proper hydration. Drinking water is as important as exercise when you are on low-carb and I speak from personal experience. You just feel AWESOME when you get H2O in your body and there's nothing else like it!

That's what Christine and I talk about in Episode 20 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube." Actually, Christine does most of the talking this time because I am busy trying to drink a total of eight glasses of water during our 10-minute video. Sound impossible? Well, you're just gonna have to watch to see if I was able to do it! It certainly proves the point that you CAN drink enough water throughout the day to give your low-carb plan a much-needed boost.

Watch me nearly drown myself with all that water in today's video:



It was a bit strange having all those glasses of water around me in the video since I carry around this CarbSmart water bottle with me everywhere I go. I keep it filled up with triple-filtered water that tastes absolutely FABULOUS and I'd never think of drinking any tap water ever again. I can taste the difference now and I miss MY water when I'm away from home.

There are many reasons why I drink water and they all center around my weight loss and my health. When I first started livin' la vida low-carb, water worked with the fiber I was eating to get my bowel to shake, rattle, and roll. It still serves that purpose today when I drink it in large quantities like I did for this video.

Some people can't stand the taste of water which is why I was pleased to talk about True Lemon during the video. They are my newest sponsor at the "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb" blog and I'll be telling you more about them real soon. Suffice it say if you like lemon, lime, or orange flavors, then you're gonna LOVE True Lemon products in your water. Get a FREE SAMPLE mailed to you and try it for yourself or use this store locater to find out where you can pick up a box of True Lemon in your area (including Canada!).

We've even got a contest for four of you to win THREE FREE "LIVIN' LA VIDA LOW-CARB BARS"--my new sugar-free, low-carb raspberry dark chocolate bars that are very popular right now among those who have tried them. You may have a chance to be one of them if you simply leave a comment for Episode 20 of "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb On YouTube" under the video at YouTube. If you aren't signed up there yet, then it is quick and easy. And the payoff could reward you with your very own stash of my low-carb chocolate. SWEET!

The videos are up to 20 episodes now and you can see them all in this listing of YouTube videos at my links blog. Of course, you can subscribe to our videos and be one of the first ones to see them when they come out. Life's been crazy busy lately or we would be doing more of them, but we're committed to pumping these out regularly in 2008--so SIGN UP TODAY! As always, e-mail us your feedback at livinlowcarbman@charter.net.

By the way, for fans of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" podcast show, my producer Kevin Kennedy-Spaeien has almost recovered fully from the injuries he sustained in that car accident a few months back that has had the show in hiatus ever since our historic 100th show! Well, we're set to return for Episode 101 and beyond beginning on Monday, January 7, 2008 and resume our normal schedule on Mondays and Thursdays. THANKS to everyone who has e-mailed about the show and we're happy to be coming back.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

FYI. Ran across this the other day: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22466538/

"Here are the seven medical myths they identified:

People should drink at least eight glasses of water a day

The article authors found no scientific evidence for this advice, although they found several unsubstantiated recommendations in the popular press. The source may be a 1945 article from the National Research Council, part of the National Academy of Sciences, which noted that a "suitable allowance" of water for adults is 2.5 liters a day, although the last sentence noted that much of it is already contained in the food we eat.

"If the last, crucial sentence is ignored, the statement could be interpreted as instruction to drink eight glasses of water a day,'' Dr. Vreeman and Dr. Carroll noted. "Existing studies suggest that adequate fluid intake is usually met through typical daily consumption of juice, milk and even caffeinated drinks.''

1/04/2008 1:40 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I saw that too, JD, but I know my body feels better drinking LOTS of water throughout the day. Especially on a low-carb diet in the early days, it helps "move things along" as I stated in the video. In maintenance, it helps keep you regular and satisfied.

1/04/2008 8:55 AM  
Blogger Tom Bunnell said...

Eight 8oz glasses of water is only two quarts or 1/2 gallon of water a day. That's not that much for a 24 hour day. Our bodies tell us how much to drink and how often to drink if they are working properly. Also the color of our urine tells a lot. If our urine is light colored and not real strong we are getting plenty of water. If our urine is strong and darker colored we are not getting enough water. -- The doctor told me that a few weeks ago when we were helping my dad with his catheter and bag he had to carry until his prostate operation.

1/04/2008 11:06 AM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

I agree Tom! That's why I did the video showing eight glasses in a short amount of time is nothing. My urine is only yellow in the morning and it's clear the rest of the day.

1/04/2008 11:46 AM  
Blogger blog nerd said...

It's sort of a common sense notion that h20 is good for us since we require water for virtually all our biochemical processes.

The amount came from the amount of fluids the body could take through intravenous hydration. Another common sense SWAG--Scientific Wild A** Guess

BTW--Recent studies show that tea is as good as water for hydration--just thought I'd throw that out there for tea lovers. The British love to put out the tea studies. They also have one recently that shows tea helps manage stress levels, too.

Happy New Year JM.

1/04/2008 1:40 PM  
Blogger Suzanne Mountfort said...

Thanks so much for your video on water. I look forward to watching all the video's from the beginning. I have 100 lbs to lose.

SuzanneM

1/05/2008 9:46 PM  
Blogger Jimmy Moore said...

You're very welcome, Suzanne! Let me know how I can help you on your low-carb journey.

1/05/2008 10:29 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Here is an interesting response from Dr. Briffa regarding that article I mentioned previously: http://www.drbriffa.com/blog/2007/12/24/merry-christmas-and-have-a-drink-on-me/

1/07/2008 12:17 AM  
Blogger Chuck said...

Wow, I'm so happy to have found your blog! It's so informative and I love the videos! Began a the LC thing yesterday, although I've done it before, and I'll be visiting you regularly for tips and facts!

1/08/2008 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home