MOVED TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

PLEASE UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS TO LIVINLAVIDALOWCARB.COM/BLOG

Monday, February 26, 2007

'Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show' Episode 29: Low-Carb Takes Care Of Metabolic Syndrome

Listen to Episode 29 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" today for the second part of this special week on diabetes research. Hear all about it RIGHT NOW by clicking on one of the links below:

icon for podpress  "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" Episode 29 [12:16m]: Play in Popup | Download

This is the final show in my "Fact-Filled February" series today and we go out with a bang. There is a study using fruit flies that confirms WHY the Atkins, low-carb approach is so effective for weight loss and treating metabolic syndrome. Episode 29 gives you all the details about this particular research as well as some supporting research from two of the biggest names in low-carb science--Dr. Richard Feinman and Dr. Jeff Volek.

Tell us what you think regarding the subject of metabolic syndrome. It's funny, while I was recording this podcast on this topic, a reader wrote me the following e-mail over the weekend about her current circumstance looking for help with it:

I just stumbled on your Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show and it sounds like what I need. I have metabolic syndrome and I am pre-diabetic with high cholesterol. I am 5'6" and I weigh 229 lbs. I take 1000 mg of Metformin per evening. I'm currently taking fish oil supplements and chrominum picolinate supplements. I need a book, a diet, a menu or something so I can lose this weight and get off this medicine. I do and will exercise. I like DVD programs. I'm starting a 90-day exercise routine on Monday, its calesthetics, light hand weights and some yoga moves. I just finished a 10-week cycle of exercise about two weeks ago, it included yoga, ballet and hip hop dancing. Can you please give me some direction?

I sent her a transcript of Episode 29 of "The Livin' La Vida Low-Carb Show with Jimmy Moore" and encouraged her to find a low-carb plan to get on and stay on. It will help her metabolic syndrome, obesity and diabetes all in one swell foop! :)

Looking for ways to listen to the show? Here's how you do it:

1. Listening at the official web site
2. Going to iTunes
3. Calling (818) 688-2763 to listen via Podlinez
4. Subscribing to the RSS feed

Share your reaction to this study and let us know what you think. Do you have metabolic syndrome or any of the symptoms of it, including obesity, insulin resistance, high cholesterol and heart disease? How are YOU treating these conditions? If it's low-carb, then how's that working for you?

Come back and listen to the podcast show on Thursday as I will very likely ruffle some feathers (yeah, so what else is new?) among the overweight and obese community with my opinions about the "fat acceptance" movement happening in America. You WON'T want to miss it! THANKS so much for listening and be sure to leave me feedback about the show. Or you can call the listener comment line anytime at (206) 203-4192.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home